The Heart Clinic's cardiac surgeon, Dr. Lester Dyke, is highly regarded for his expertise in treating patients in a high-risk state following a heart attack or heart failure.
His work has helped McAllen Heart Hospital receive recognition by Healthgrades for excellence in quality in several categories for the second year in a row. The hospital was named among the top 10 percent in the nation for overall cardiac services and coronary interventional procedures for 2018.
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack — 2014-2018
- America’s 100 Best Cardiac Care — 2017, 2018
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award — 2017, 2018
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award — 2017, 2018
- America’s 100 Best Coronary Intervention — 2017, 2018
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award — 2017, 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery — 2017, 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Valve Surgery — 2010-2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures — 2017, 2018
- America’s 50 Best Cardiac Surgery — 2017
Cardiac surgery provided by Dr. Lester Dyke include:
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
- Heart valve surgery