Valley Care Clinics congratulates Dr. Jaime Gasco, FAANS, FEBNS, for becoming one of very few neurosurgeons worldwide to be board-certified on two continents, demonstrating exceptional professional knowledge in his field. Dr. Gasco attained Board-Certification from the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona, in November 2017, and from the European Board of Neurological Surgery (EBNS) in March 2018. To attain certification by the EBNS, Dr. Gasco first took a written exam at The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, Scotland, and then successfully passed the final oral component in Prague, Czech Republic.
“This is the culmination of a long process," said Dr. Gasco. "I chose to pursue both certifications as a landmark professional accomplishment, but also I owe it to my patients to continue and further my education to the highest level possible."
For patients, board certification means that a doctor practices the highest standard of care. Patients can expect a great degree of reliability, as fellow colleagues have endorsed this physician’s cognitive and professional competence. Some of the areas that Dr. Gasco demonstrated mastery in include the following:
- Neurotrauma, spine, pediatrics, vascular neurosurgery, tumor disorders of the brain and spine, peripheral nerve and pain management
- Diagnosis formulation and physical examination applied to neurosurgery and neurology
- Advanced operative techniques of the brain and spine
- Management of perioperative care and complications
- Ability to interface with other specialties to assist with multidisciplinary care and shared decision making, which ultimately leads to better care of the patient and ethical/professional conduct
Dr. Gasco is also the Chief of Surgery at South Texas Health System. His practice is accepting new patients and is located at 4302 S. Sugar Rd., Suite 100, Edinburg, 956-292-0570.